Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Home Sweet Camper

So this will be our new home starting on August 21, which is our anticipated departure date. Against the advice of my former boss, Ms. Betty Hammel of Craig's Place Deli in SC, we went ahead and brought home our new truck camper on Sunday. There were some difficulties in getting the camper mounted to the truck and getting the lights hooked up correctly.But after hours of sweating in the sun, while I sat inside with the lady of the house drinking lemonade, Nate and the seller got it all worked out. I am so proud of my hard workin' man. How will we live in this small space you ask? Well, I'm not sure yet. We will have to, once again, get rid of more stuff. But it is wondrous knowing that I have the capabilities to cook almost everything in one pan. The fridge is really nice and larger than our other camper fridge. It has a built in CD player, a rear camera video for backing up, a wet bath (which means you can poo and shower at the same time!), a place for a microwave and tv, plenty of storage for what we need, and early nineties decor (which Nate doesn't mind, but I can't stand). So we are already thinking about all the things we need to do for our next adventure which is . . . . going back to Iowa. See you soon!

No comments: